Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I am always looking for a "new" devotional, something that makes me WANT to read it every day. It took me a little while to read and review this book. I have read and re-read the daily readings. I love that Nettlehorst pulled scriptures strictly from the Old Testament and wasted no words helping us see the words of God have meaning for us today.

The back cover states that "God's words are real, and they are full of his love, wisdom, and direction." This devotional helps us to understand just how much love, wisdom, and direction there is to be found in the Bible.

The devotional is arranged according to the topic that is addressed in the chapter. I definitely see myself referring to this book when i need encouragement from a biblical source.

Although it wasn't a fluffy, feel good type of devotional, it certainly held my attention.



** i received this book courtesy of Booksneeze in exchange for a written review. I was not compensated in any other form and my review was not required to be positive..

No comments:

Post a Comment